The Second 50

What friends are saying about The Second 50: Funny, random, literary, angsty.

Friday, September 29, 2006

The Wrong Answer

I folded laundry to Regis and Kelly today. Their guest was an actor who had portrayed Truman Capote as he wrote and researched his book, “In Cold Blood.” I remembered reading that in 5th or 6th grade and writing a plot driven book report. I concluded that the book was good. My teacher was horrified. She thought that the book was violent and an awful thing for a fifth grader to be reading. I realized then, that I could have an opinion about books. Up to that point I had thought that all things “school” were supposed to be good and therefore accepted that they were good. But school and school accessories were not all knowing, all wise, all powerful, all good. School was not the same entity as God. I got a lot out of fifth grade.

Posted by cindy at November 2, 2005 04:03 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home